What if I told you that your identity is one of the number one things that impacts the quality of your relationships? Welcome to SEASON 5 of the Love + Relationships Podcast!! I’m so excited about this new look, and these brand new episodes!
Because what you believe about yourself determines the kind of relationship you believe you deserve.
But so many things can get in the way of what we believe about ourselves. Christine Caine knows that first hand. In today’s episode, Christine and I talk about the importance of taking inventory of our identity, and what that looks like practically.
In today’s episode we discuss:
- How trauma and past experiences can impact our identity.
- The labels we carry through life that impact our identity.
- Her personal story of adoption and abuse and how it impacted what she believed about herself.
- The psychology and theology behind identity and what shapes it.
- What it looks like to replace the lies about who we are with God’s truth.
- Understanding your identity in Christ.
- Verses that will shape your identity with truth (see below in the resources)
- And so much more!!
If you’ve EVER struggled with identity issues, or maybe you’re struggling today — I can’t express to you how important this episode is.
Tune in this brand new episode of the Love + Relationships Podcast and subscribe to the show by clicking on the button below!
SUBSCRIBE AND LISTEN ON iTUNES BY CLICKING HERE
Additional Ways To Listen: STITCHER – SPOTIFY – GOOGLE PLAY – iHEART RADIO
Love + Relationships Podcast Notes:
Scriptures Debra and Christine recommend to build your identity with truth:
- 2 Corinthians 5:17
- Ephesians 2:10
- 1 Peter 2:8
- Genesis 1:27
- Romans 8:1
- 2 Corinthians 5:21
- Galatians 2:20
- 2 Timothy 1:7
- Philippians 4:13
- Romans 12:2
- Ephesians 4:24
- Psalm 139:14
- Romans 8:37
- Jeremiah 1:5
- Read 100 More Verses About Identity
Christine Caine is an Australian born, Greek blooded, lover of Jesus, activist, author and international speaker. She and her husband, Nick, founded the global anti-human trafficking organization, The A21 Campaign. They also founded Propel Women, an organization designed to activate women to fulfill their God-given passion, purpose, and potential. Christine and Nick make their home in southern California with their daughters, Catherine and Sophia.
For other great episodes of the Love + Relationships Podcast check out:
- Spring: Is Your Relationship Growing?
- Summer Is When Things Get Hot: On Intimacy
- Colors of Fall: Questions To Ask Your Partner NOT Assume
- Winter: The frost of Apathy and How To Deal With It
FREE QUIZ: IS YOUR RELATIONSHIP HEALTHY
MORE BOOKS BY DEBRA
Get busy learning what you need to know about healthy singleness, dating, and marriage. Check out Love In Every Season: The Four Stages of Every Healthy Relationship, Choosing Marriage: Why It Has To Start With We > Me or True Love Dates: Your Indispensable Guide to Finding the Love of Your Life.
And Check out Debra’s Love + Relationships Podcast on iTunes or wherever you get your podcasts!
DEBRA FILETA is a Licensed Professional Counselor, national speaker, relationship expert, and author of Choosing Marriage and True Love Dates, and Love In Every Season. She’s also the host of the hotline style Love + Relationships Podcast. Her popular relationship advice blog, TrueLoveDates.com, reaches millions of people with the message of healthy relationships. Connect with her on Facebook, Instagram, or Twi