What if I told you that your identity is one of the number one things that impacts the quality of your relationships?
We’re highlighting the top 5 most downloaded podcasts of the past 12 months, and this episode came in at #1!
Because what you believe about yourself determines the kind of relationship you believe you deserve.
But so many things can get in the way of what we believe about ourselves. Christine Caine knows that first hand. In today’s episode, Christine and I talk about the importance of taking inventory of our identity, and what that looks like practically.
In today’s episode we discuss:
- How trauma and past experiences can impact our identity.
- The labels we carry through life that impact our identity.
- Her personal story of adoption and abuse and how it impacted what she believed about herself.
- The psychology and theology behind identity and what shapes it.
- What it looks like to replace the lies about who we are with God’s truth.
- Understanding your identity in Christ.
- Verses that will shape your identity with truth (see below in the resources)
- And so much more!!
If you’ve EVER struggled with identity issues, or maybe you’re struggling today — I can’t express to you how important this episode is.
Tune in this episode of the Love & Relationships Podcast and follow the show by clicking on the button below!
THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS: Modern Fertility
Books by Debra:
And Check out Debra’s Love + Relationships Podcast on iTunes or wherever you get your podcasts!
DEBRA FILETA is a Licensed Professional Counselor, national speaker, relationship expert, and author of Choosing Marriage and True Love Dates, and Love In Every Season, and Are You Really OK?. She’s also the host of the hotline style Love + Relationships Podcast. Her popular relationship advice blog, TrueLoveDates.com, reaches millions of people with the message of healthy relationships. Connect with her on Facebook, Instagram, or Twi