Have you ever been through a hard time in your life where you thought to yourself, “This is not what I wanted my life to look like. This is NOT what I expected.”
What happens when life doesn’t turn out how you planned? How do you navigate those hard times of hopelessness and discouragement, when you feel stuck in a life that you never expected.
Maybe your hard time is that you just went through the heartbreaking loss of a failed or broken relationship.
Maybe you’re single, and your hard time is that you thought FOR SURE you’d be married by now, but find that instead, you’re struggling with loneliness and discouragement.
Maybe your hard time right now is walking through grief, or loss, or illness…and you find yourself asking why.
Today’s guests went through their own difficult journey of asking why. After the tragic untimely deaths of their respective spouses, Brittany Price and Daniel Brooker each found themselves as a young widow/widower – dealing with their own individual journey’s of grief, and pain, and heartache, and loss…a loss that ultimately brought them together in remarriage.
This is an incredible story of two broken hearts, who never let go of Hope. Their story encouraged me during one of my darkest times and I know it will encourage you.
When Life Doesn’t Turn Out How You Planned
In this special episode we cover:
- The details of their journey of grief and loss and the heartbreaking experience of losing their first loves. (I about lost it, hearing their stories you guys!)
- Their honest and candid truths about the hardest part of remarriage and blending families.
- Their best advice for anyone who is considering remarriage.
- Some incredible encouragement for ANYONE who is dealing with a hard time in life.
- How the past can be paralyzing, and the importance of taking steps to move forward in healing.
- Learning to shift your perspective from WHY to WHAT as a way to deal with grief and loss.
- The importance of gratitude in the midst of suffering.
- Why mentorship is a critical part of the healthy life.
- Learning to trust God and cling to His Word in the midst of hard times.
- Remembering God’s faithfulness and goodness through it all – and how he can redeem every story and every situation.
Single, dating, or married this show has something for you. Bring the tissues. Grab your notebook, and get ready to write down the nuggets of truth from this inspiring and challenging episode 008 of the Love + Relationships Podcast.
Additional Ways To Listen: STITCHER
Resources Mentioned on the Love + Relationships Podcast and Additional Show Notes:
Brittany was so sweet to give a shout out to my book, Choosing Marriage: Why It Has To Start With We > Me. I’m so grateful to hear how it’s encouraged her on this journey of marriage, and I pray it will encourage your heart as well as you learn to give out of your overflow. Pick up a copy for you or someone you know who needs some perspective and encouragement on what it looks like to choose marriage on a daily basis, and why it’s worth it.