We’re taking the next few weeks here at the Love + Relationships Podcast to highlight the TOP 5 MOST DOWNLOADED EPISODES! Whether you need to re-listen to this episode, or you’ve never heard it before, I know it will challenge and encourage you as it has for so many others! Coming in at #3…..
What do I do with my raging sex drive while I’m single?
I get that question a lot. But the problem is: not too many Christians are teaching about this subject. I can’t recall when I heard a sermon about sexual struggles on a Sunday morning, can you? But dealing with your sex drive is a problem that singles have to face on a regular basis….one that will ultimately have an impact on their future marriages as well, because learning to “tame the drive” is something you’re going to deal with after you’re married as well.
So I thought it was about time to do an episode about sex drive and singleness.
LET’S TALK ABOUT…THE SEX DRIVE
When we talk about sex on the podcast, everyone gets excited…no pun intended. So, without further to do, click the links below to listen this insightful (and at times, awkward) conversation, as I answer today’s caller who is wondering how on earth can he deal with “the sex drive” – as he puts it – while he waits for marriage.
In this episode I cover:
- Why your sex drive (annoying as it may be at times while you’re single) is actually a good thing.
- Why the sex for marriage sentiment is actually backed up by psychology.
- The dangerous power of premarital sex.
- Why your sex drive is actually a symptom of something ELSE going on.
- The #1 way to stop having shame about your sex drive.
- How to fuel the spirit and starve the flesh, and what that means for your sex life.
- Some practical ways to control your sex drive while you’re single.
- Identifying things you are doing that might be growing your sex drive instead of controlling your sex drive.
- Why learning to control your sex drive is something you’ll need after you’re married as well.
- And a whole…lot…more!
You’re going to love this candid conversation so get ready to for this necessary, honest, and insightful Episode 011 of the Love + Relationships Podcast.
Friends! Get counseling from the comfort of your own home this year! Online professional counseling + Believers in Christ. Get matched with a counselor within 24 hours!!!! Check out Faithful Counseling at http://getfaithful.com/debra — 10% off your first month!! You’re going to be so glad you did!
Love + Relationships Podcast Extras:
For other great episodes of the Love + Relationships Podcast check out:
- Biblical Dating: Camels, Arranged Marriage, and Starbucks.
- 10 Girls You Shouldn’t Date: How To Avoid Heartbreak
- 10 Guys You Shouldn’t Date: How To Avoid The Bad Boys
BOOKS BY DEBRA
Get busy learning what you need to know about healthy singleness, dating, and marriage. Check out Love In Every Season: The Four Stages of Every Healthy Relationship, Choosing Marriage: Why It Has To Start With We > Me or True Love Dates: Your Indispensable Guide to Finding the Love of Your Life.
(Debra’s New Book: Love In Every Season Order Today!)
And Check out Debra’s Love + Relationships Podcast on iTunes or wherever you get your podcasts!
DEBRA FILETA is a Licensed Professional Counselor, national speaker, relationship expert, and author of Choosing Marriage and True Love Dates, and Love In Every Season. She’s also the host of the hotline style Love + Relationships Podcast. Her popular relationship advice blog, TrueLoveDates.com, reaches millions of people with the message of healthy relationships. Connect with her on Facebook, Instagram, or Twi