Does she like me?
Are men really sitting around wondering, does she like me? Believe it or not, that’s a question that’s more commonly asked by men across the world than you would probably imagine. No matter the age, stage, or culture, men and women find themselves looking to get a hint regarding what the opposite sex is thinking.
So, as I often do, I took to my TLD Facebook Page to ask that very question. In our last post, we heard how the guys show interest and gave the girls 7 clues that he’s interested. But in this post, we turn our attention to the ladies.
Here are the signs ladies give to men to let them know they’re interested.
- Positive body language: Glancing at him and smiling.
- Making good eye contact.
- Listen well and engage in meaningful conversation.
- Asking a lot of questions to get to know him and making effort to keep the conversation going.
- Giving him extra attention.
- Compliment him.
- Comment on something he’s doing or try to get a conversation going.
As I was analyzing the comments and feedback that came in regarding how women show men they’re interested, two things that struck me: first, I was struck by the number of women who use body language as their primary means to communicating. I’m all about the power of body language, but more than anything, I would encourage women to see the power in their words and use them just as much!
The second thing that was fascinating was how many women reported they “don’t do anything” to show a guy they are interested! I think relationships are the most healthy when they’re reciprocal – when there’s a give-and-take between both parties involved. And in my opinion, ladies, that means doing your part in showing interest when there’s interest there.
From what the guys have communicated, there’s a good chance that if a guy is thinking about approaching you, there’s a good chance he’s asking himself, does she like me?, before making a first move. Am I right, fellas?
It’s important for both parties to be on the same page and engaging in a relationship of give-and-take – from friendship, to dating, to marriage.
What do you think? Did I miss anything? Comment below!
- There are so many things you need to know about dating. Check out my book, True Love Dates, for your full guide on dating inward, dating outward, and dating upward. It’s 2.99 on Kindle until the END OF JANUARY ONLY!!!
- Want to connect with other singles, and learn about healthy dating? Click below to sign up for my Online Single’s Webinar Event!! It’s going to be an awesome night.
Debra Fileta is a Professional Counselor, national speaker, relationship expert, and author of True Love Dates: Your Indispensable Guide to Finding the Love of Your Life, where she writes candidly about dating, relationships, and how to find true love. Her newest book, Choosing Marriage, is set to be released May 2018! You may also recognize her voice from her 200+ articles at Relevant Magazine, Crosswalk.com, and all over the web! She’s the creator of this True Love Dates Blog, reaching millions of people with the message that healthy people make healthy relationships! Connect with her on Facebook or Twitter or book a session with her today!